Sunday, August 12, 2007

But really, seriously, I'm still alive...

...well, not that you can tell by the number of times I've posted lately! Sorry! I would like to say a special thank you to my momma and Xandra for being faithful readers of my blog. I'm gonna have to tighten up and do a better job of keeping ya'll posted!

Anyway, I am sitting in a Huddle House with my hubby on a beautiful Sunday afternoon here in Kentucky. We just needed to get out, so we decided to bring the laptop, the books, and get dessert. What could be better (well, better than my hubby & dessert)? Why the books you may ask? Tomorrow is the first day back to seminary for us. Well, for me actually. I have Monday and Wednesday classes, and Brandon has Tuesday and Thursday classes. I'm nervous and excited. Mainly nervous. It was good for me to take the last semester off. I'm just hoping this semester goes better than my first. I know more of what to expect this go around. I know I have to hit the ground running. Brandon and I have already started reading for our classes. I am taking three classes this semester (which is full-time). I'm taking Systematic Theology I, Personal Spiritual Disciplines, and Biblical Hermeneutics. Pray for me ladies! I have an average of about 1,000 pages of reading per class. I am one who is easily overwhelmed, so you can see why I'm a little nervous. But, I'm looking forward to it. I know that I am going to be stretched this semester and learn alot.

So, I just thought I would update everyone on that big event in my life that is quickly approaching. Also, as a side note, we just got Mandisa's new CD in at the bookstore where I work. I listened to part of each song yesterday at work. It is sooooooo good! It's one of those CD's where every song on it is wonderful. She has a beautiful voice and a powerful message. So, check it out! I hope you all are doing wonderful as the summer winds down. God bless!

3 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

She lives! She lives!

Thanks for the update and I will be praying for you and Brandon as you begin the semester. At the risk of sounding completely ignorant, do you choose a major when you go to seminary? How does that work, exactly?

One of my favorite books is Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology...I must pull it off the shelf at least once a month to reference something or anther for Sunday School preparation or small group. I would LOVE to take a full fledged course on the subject. You rock!

jollylaura said...

Hey Jen!! I'm gonna call you soon because I am dying to know!! I've been thinking about you!
Is Grudem's Systematic Theology the text for that class? Daniel is reading that one now.

TammieFay said...

And again I say(in my best whiny voice).....I wanna go to seminary!!!! Call me sweetie and let me know how your first day of school was (you know I should be there!).