Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Coffee Chronicles Part I

I completely agree with my momma that coffee is something we should be thankful for. I love to hear the rumbling, bubbling, and dripping noises coming from my little four-cup pot in the morning, followed by the strong smell filling my kitchen. That warm cup of coffee makes me feel good all over first thing in the morning. Alas, I have a dilemma. There is not a coffee maker to be found at my work. Who doesn't have a coffee maker at their work?! Even most Sunday School classrooms are well-equipped with coffee makers--and that's just to tide people over for one hour! I have to work a nine hour day without so much as a savory little sip! Oh, we sell coffee mugs galore as well as many a book about coffee, but I'm convinced it's a ploy to tempt and try me throughout the day. So, I have decided to talk to my boss about our sincere need to implement a coffee maker. Granted, I must tell her that if she decides to take this step, it will be at the risk of feeding my addiction. It's a risk I'm willing for her to take.

3 comments:

TammieFay said...

Apparently (and this can be the only logical reason), you my dear daughter, are the only coffee drinker in the place. Your boss is just unfamiliar with the ways of the java junkie and it's up to you to educate her. My prayers are with you...call me if you have any trouble!

Patty said...

Girl, you get a coffee maker where you work! I am sure God will go before you and give you favor. I know he will because when a friend of mine and myself went to a conference in Chattanooga, there was not a Starbucks close to the arena or so we thought, let me tell you how good God is..... We found a Starbucks in the lobby of our hotel!! We have to give him praise!! :o) You are right, I am a Sunday School teacher and I have a coffee maker in my class.

TammieFay said...

You gotta go to my blog and check out my guestbook at the bottom of the page...then sign it! It is too cool!