Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wedding Wednesday!

So, just for this week I am having Wedding Wednesday. I just joined the Marriage Challenge with Christine today. I didn't want to wait until Marriage Monday to start, so just this once I am calling today Wedding Wednesday.

My hubby Brandon and I just celebrated our first anniversary on June 24, 2007. I can't believe it's been a year! (I mean that in a good way!) We went to Lexington for the weekend. We had a good time just being together. Of course, we ate the top layer of our wedding cake on that day. Well, we didn't eat the whole layer. It was more like a bite. It was my first experience eating year old cake. Interesting. Actually, my memaw was responsible for wrapping it up last year. Let me tell you, it was like trying to get into Fort Knox! But, she was successful. It actually tasted alright (for year old cake). Anyway, it was great to celebrate our marriage.

In light of this, I think it's a great time to start the marriage challenge. I'm excited about it. When telling people how long we've been married, we always get the same, "Oh, you're still in the honeymoon stage!" I think I might gag if I hear that again! Don't get me wrong, this year has been great! I love being married to Brandon. God has blessed us and grown us so much this past year. But, being newly married, there are alot of adjustments that have to be made. Some have been easier than others. Some things I did for him while we were dating have fallen by the wayside now that we see each other all the time. So, to begin my challenge this week I am going to:
  • Write him love notes
  • Give him a compliment everyday about himself (not about something he does, but who he is)
  • (This is to go along with Christine's theme of the week) Make a conscious effort to let him know how important his work is to me by doing anything I can to help him get ready for youth camp

*Note: Brandon is a youth and children's minister. We are taking the youth group to M-Fuge in St. Louis, MO July 2-7.

Well, those are my goals for the rest of this week. I've got to get going! The week is halfway over!

3 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Love your blog! It's good to see other how other Christian women live their lives and discover all the ways we can glorify God. I look forward to reading more!

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary! It's great to have you participating in the challenge. I'm sure the blessings you experience will help to make your new marriage stronger!

TammieFay said...

You have been honored, my precious first-born, with a blogging award. Go to my blog page and pick it up!
I love you!