Sunday, June 3, 2007

Flowers & Cherry Limeades

I just wanted everybody to see my handsome, gorgeous husband Brandon. Like I've said many times before, he is just wonderful. We had an interesting experience together today. I potted my first (and second) plant today! You might think that this is a fairly average accomplishment, but let me offer a little explanation. My mother (sorry momma!) has never been one to do well with plants. So, I assumed I wouldn't do well either. Well, I decided the other day, hey, I might kill them, but I'm going to try to have some flowers on my front porch! Now, I guess I'll find out if I at least have half a green thumb. I potted two New Guinea Impatiens plants. (Anyone who knows me knows that "impatiens" describes me just fine!) One is bright red and one is coral orange. You might want to send them an I'm Thinking of You or I'm Praying for You card. Brandon was right there of course to lend me his advice. He told me he grew a vine once in his room when he was little. So....you can see what kind of knowlegde the two of us have. We had a blast! It reminded me of playing in the dirt when I was little. It was fun! And, we topped it off with Route 44 Cherry Limeades and Dr. Peppers. God is teaching me so much about living an abundant life in Him. He is teaching me to take advantage of opportunities He gives me, even if I think I might fall flat on my face. He is showing me how to savor the little things in my life, like a new flower and a cold Cherry Limeade on a hot day. He gave us our senses to take in and enjoy things! Hope everyone has a blessed day. Enjoy (really I mean it!) your day!

2 comments:

TammieFay said...

Maybe you have inherited your gramdpa's geen thumb. We can only hope...I hear it skips a generation! Love the picture of my son-in-law...he's so cute! I love you both 5 Cherry Limeades!

TammieFay said...

Boy is my face red....I can spell, but apparently my fingers can't hit the right keys!